Sunday, August 28, 2011

A tip received from a reader Please let us know if you have experienced this

Email from Reader


Hello there. I am emailing because I just now found your sleep paralysis website and forum, and I noticed most of the posts on there are a couple years old, so not sure how much you are on there now, but I believe I have some help for anyone suffering from the "old hag".




I did register / sign up; just waiting on confirmation email, but like I said, I wasn't sure how much the site was used.



Anyway, I started suffering from sleep paralysis when I was 17 years old, although I never knew there was a name for it until I was about 28 and told a friend about it who then looked up the symptoms online. After that, I still "suffered" from the same experiences, just felt some slight relief that it had a name and I was not alone.



At age 32 I threw out my back at work, and I knew I would have no choice but to see a chiropractor - something I never thought I would ever do, because I thought chiropractors were basicly "quacks"(?) But, at this point, my back was messed up so bad, I couldn't function at work, so I risked it and went to see someone a co-worker reccommended.



Well, not only did this guy fix my back, but I started noticing other, seemingly unrelated issues being resolved - no more sinus infections, breathing easier, more energy, feeling "better" in general, and go figure, I stopped having sleep paralyisis!



As bad as it was, for all those years, this was no less than a real miracle. I have no idea what the relation is to the spine/nerves/whatever, and my chiropractor had never heard of sleep paralysis and can not explain it to me. But I would reccommend it for anyone. Now, I might have an episode every 3 months or so, and that is how I know it's time for an adjustment. With other issues I have, I usually don't make it that long without back, neck, or sinus pain, but I can suffer through those for the extra 3 or 4 weeks - but, as soon as I notice my sleep becoming disturbed, I get in there and get myself adjusted!



I believe and would love to know if chiropractic could help others with sleep paralysis. I feel very strongly about this, but it seems most people are skeptical. I am hoping you could help me get the word out, at least give people something to try, because I know from experience what a desparate feeling it is - and how great a relief it is to not have to be afraid to go to sleep at night.



Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and consider putting the info on your site
 
 
This is the email I received from a reader.  I am still trying to get internet as I live out in the woods and cannot find a provider in my area.  I will try to write as much as I can.
 
If you have any experience from the above reader, please let us know.
 
As always sweet dreams
 

No comments:

Post a Comment