Thursday, April 21, 2011

Another old hag encounter

To Whom it may Concern,

Hello. I am writing to you in response to "sleep paralysis" or whatver it is. My name is Brent, Catholic, a relgious brother in a Congregation. I first had something happen to me about 8 years ago. It was probably one of the most weirdest things I ever experienced. It has happened since, not too much. But enough to make you think. What exactly is this?

It's very interesting. The first time I was a sophomore in college. During the whole thing I was -- thought it was a dream. About a week later my friends and I were out eating dinner. Somehow we started talking about things, this very thing. One of my friends was talking about an experience that they had. Upon hearing it I was locked in immedietely. I was like..wait a minute..the same thing happened to me that same night I think,...but I thought it was a dream. Then about 2 other of my friends encountered the same thing that night. First off, it was strange because at this dorm room building people had experienced paranormal activity. 

My experience goes as this. I woke up. Both hand were at my sides. I could not move a single muscle. I remember trying my hardest to lift my head up. This was near to impossible. I remember trying to say something to my roommate. I could not say anything. I noticed this and so I wanted to yell, but could not get a peep out. It was very strange. I rememeber falling back asleep, waking up, and still feeling it. So I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. I honestly did not think of anything the following morning because I thought it was part of a dream. The strange part was hearing my friend talk about the same exact experience, and i thought to myself...wait a minute...that happened to me ..in my dream?? And it not only happened to her, but also to some other friends either that same night or during the same week. I had just brushed the whole thing off, it wasn't until other people started to talk about it i was kind of floored. i was
like..what is this?

That was one of the strogest instances, and I rarely get it. It is not a regular thing. I might happen 2 times a year or so. I have another instance that is probably the most vivid one...I was a junior in college. First off, I want to tell you that I am a religious person. I definetly believe in good/evil. Demons and angels. We as Catholics believe that Christ is our Saviour and that Satan tries to deceive/get us to son/doubt and what have you. We believe Christ is a merciful. Well there is an image of Christ called the image of the Divine Mercy. It was given to Christ to a polish nun in the 1930's in Poland, now St. Faustina. Well, on this particular night it was as if someone was mocking Christ in the Divine Mercy Image. I saw the image in a dream, and it was turning round and round, as if someone was poking fun of it--that Christ was not merciful. I woke up, and could not move. This was the most violent one. It literally felt as if
someone wanted me dead. Again i could not move. Started to say Jesus, mary and Jospeh in my mind, and it went away...So. I mean I have heard of the "sleep paralysis" thing. But I really don't know. It could be. but then again. It seems strange that people would encounter the same thing around the same time, or the same night.

Whatver it is, if it tries to shake me up it doesn't because I believe that God is stronger. The reason why I share this is I believe that we are living in a time that is induced with more and more evil things do to factors in society, that glorifies things such as ouija board and other things. I don't step anywhere towards those type of things because they only open a door to the unknown. I believe that people do get possessed by demons, and it has been recorded that people have become posessed by using such things. They do not know what they are playing with. 

I tell you these things because i experienced it again lastnight. And it was pretty powerful again. I was like ok, what really is this? I have heard oh yeah..sleep paralysis...but then again I don't really know. No one does. But I do know the fact that down throughout so many ages in folklore , and in so many different, actually continents have attributed it to some entity seems strange to me. And this being holy week in the Catholic church, and it happening lastnight, and violently seems strange to me...and the fact that I am in seminary. Maybe someone doesn't like the thing that I am doing. Maybe it wants to somehow to intimidate me? Could be..but maybe not.

Anyways I find this interesting and I personally believe that medical doctors cannot account for everything. There are just some things science can not explain. It's a mystery. ...cue the eerie music, ha. But God bless and I hope all is well.

In Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment