Friday, April 22, 2011

just came across old-hag , while surfing the web

Hi Sheri
I just came across old-hag , while surfing the web.
I really enjoyed reading about peoples experiences , of course it is far from enjoyable.
So I feel compelled to tell you about my experiences , which in some ways are so much the same but also so very different.
My experiences didn't start until I was 27 years old , and they always happen in the middle of the night. I have always felt the presence of someone(except for my last incident) but have never seen anyone(except for an incident early this year).
My first time happened when I had just moved back to my hometown , and was staying at my sisters . I woke in the middle of the night with what felt like some one pinning me down and choking the life out of me. I didn't feel hands around my neck , but rather my airway some how being obstructed. There was a bright moon shining through the window , and I could see around the room perfectly , but I couldn't see anyone on top of me. I tried to fight and scream , but was completely paralyzed . I'm sure that this went on for about 15 minutes , and I kept trying to fight and scream the whole time. Then it just suddenly ended and was over as if it had never happened
I was so exhausted that I fell asleep even though it was the most terrifying thing that had ever happened to me. I told myself that it was just a nightmare and put it out of my mind. Of course I knew better , but it was easier to be in denial .
After that it seemed to happen about once a year until last year. Being that it was only happening once a year it was easy enough for me to block it from my mind  and not allow myself to think about it in between incidents. I should also add that the following yearly incidents never lasted more than 5 minutes and I didn't feel like I was being choked.
Then last year (2009) , it suddenly started happening about once a month. The experiences didn't change any from the previous yearly ones , other than the frequency.
I suddenly found myself having to face this strange phenomenon , as I was afraid to go to sleep.
I started talking about it with people and found that my brother in-law and a co-worker had the same phenomenon happening with them. That made me feel a little better , knowing that it wasn't just me under attack.
Then early this year I had an incident that was quite different. The previous times I had always been on my back when it happened. This time I was on my side when I awoke to being yanked up out of my bed . At the foot of my bed was a shadow figure that had a hold of me and was trying to yanked me right out of bed. It had me pulled into a sitting position and it was flailing so wild and crazy that I cant even come up with words to describe how it looked , other than no human could ever replicate it. Just as strange was the fact that I was being pulled into an upright position but my body was still lying on its side. It was as if it was pulling my spirit out of my body. I tried to fight and scream but was completely paralyzed . Then it was over , just like that. That part has always troubled me as much as the actual event . How can it just end in an instant as if it had never happened ?. The feeling of another presence is gone and everything always just feels normal again , and my feeling of pure terror that I was experiencing just vanishes along with the whole incident!.
After that incident about 7 months went by , I cant remember exactly but I believe it was this past August that I had my last incident . First I should say that this past spring I had a little house dog given to me from a friend that was moving and couldn't take him. He sleeps on my bed with me , I didn't want him on the bed but it broke his little heart if I didn't let him , so I gave in.
Anyway , in August I awoke in the middle of the night paralyzed but I didn't have the sense that there was another presence. I was just paralyzed and fighting to get out of it , I should add that I have been able to fight my way out of them and I believe that is why they don't last as long as they did in the beginning. I have always thought that I was making a little noise even though I was trying to scream as loud as I could. Anyway here I was struggling and screaming when all of a sudden my little dog jumped up and stared into my face and barked at me , and that was all it took to end it. I was never so thankful for letting him sleep on my bed even though I didn't want him there , I want him there now.
So there you have it , I didn't post on the site because I knew that I would go on and on.
Feel free to post any or all of this if you like.
I also have a most interesting theory about what is going on to cause all of this with me, that I would be happy to share if you are interested.
Darrell

1 comment:

  1. please feel free to explain your theory we'd like to hear it.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete